Monday, April 03, 2006

Would you be Interested?

I also write poetry and would love to share some with you as I start to get a creative urge. I haven't downloaded all of them onto my blog but here is one and there is a sampler at joannafried.blogspot. Just hit the title entry.


Mama

Streaming tears
melting
hearts foot soldiers
stand-by
Carry, carrying
to carry
I drive forward
unrelenting tears
silkening downward
ever scolding,
a stance
set forth by others
trying tears
plying, flailing, failing
again upright
mine
beats now,
mine
cries now
flying tears
with force and intention,
I melt to tender touches,
hearing
Mama,
Mama,
Mama


Also . . .here are some mamaku's that DID NOT get published at austinmama.com. oh well.

mom mommymommy
mama mama mommy mom
mom mommy mama

mom, play trains with me
just one minute, just one sec
mama play trains, please


Here's another:

Lost.
win a new set of emotions
experiences turn
over memories
relied up
on
expect a hand slung back
searching
a soft curve of
a neck, fitting snuggly
a sweet smell
in a tendril tasted
sleep
a heart cracks
the thought
a smooth clean feel
crossing lips
read deep my heart
can’t think
dreamt lost, signs
telling
at each bay
bliss missed
preciously
arrives late


Anyway, I only have a little time to post and poems are rambling through my head. If I died tomorrow, they would be what marked my life, filled with harsh reproaches towards my loves, and gentle caresses to my son.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"If I died tomorrow, they would be what marked my life, filled with harsh reproaches towards my loves, and gentle caresses to my son."

AW! That might be the most poetic part of your post. Endearing and raw :)

Kim Moldofsky said...

Hi,

I'm blogging with you over at Austinmama. Are you planning on heading up to Chicago (my neck of the woods) for the BlogHer conference this summer? I have an idea about getting a bunch of moms to head over to the The Green Mill for their Sunday night open mike poetry slam. Maybe you'll join in and take to the stage?