Saturday, November 12, 2005

Boobs, Nipples and HotDogs, Oh My!

So, last night Joel, Jake, Gus, Red and myself were at the dogpark. Jake and I separated off and we were racing to catch up with Joel and the dogs. I was able to run quite aways and was really impressed with myself because my ankle has given me tons of trouble since the sprain. Finally, I stopped running, saying, "Oh Jakie, Mom's boobs can't take it anymore", (I didn't have a bra on). Jake responded, "Yeah Mom, let's stop, my nipples can't take anymore either". Now, that's some good stuff. We have been having some lengthy conversations about girls and boobs, and boys and nipples. You know, trying to distinguish between the two and such. It's so much fun to break out in a run like a little kid again, the one good thing you can do for yourself and your child is to break out and break down and get on thier level and just be a kid again. It's easy. And it all goes in stride with something I just read today that really cracked me up. It came from an awesome article in The Sun Magazine. It's an excerpt from Rob Brezsny's new book "Pronoia Is the Antidote for Paranoia". This is a brief piece in the article. The whole article is linked to the title to this entry. Rob Brezsny is the author of Free Will Astrology which is a syndicated feature in many free weeklies around the country. If you haven't ever seen it, well, I'm not sure what to say. He's very fun and wise and quirky and awesome.

"Make me one with everything," the buddhist monk said to the hog-dog vendor who was hawking food near the temple. The vendor made a frank with mustard, ketchup, relish, and onions. The monk took it and handed over a twenty-dollar bill. The vendor stashed the cash in his apron and turned his attention to the next customer. "But where's my change? the monk inquired. "Change must come from within, my friend, " said the vendor.

This article really focuses on a belief I have been pursuing for sometime, relentlessly at points. You have the choice to decide how you will perceive things. You can look at everything in your life with a negative influence or you can turn every single moment into a positive experience. It's easy to preach it but how easy is it to live it. I fail everyday, and I am reminded everyday of the absolute miracles in my life, mostly through Jake. Negative begets Negative. Is that right? Negative thoughts are like a nasty infection, eating it's way through lives and spreading itself everywhere, no stone left unturned. Stop, take a breath, and look around your life at what you can be thankful for. See the positive in every step. Nothing is directly happening to you. You just happen to be in the way at that moment. Anyway, catch a read. The Sun continues to awe me with outstanding literature in spite of themselves.

No comments: