Saturday, January 19, 2008

Date Night



I had a couple of excellent experiences yesterday. First, I spent the day at my son's class. All day. It was huge. There is no way that you can possibly do anything that is cooler than observing the social interactions of your child with his peers. We had a rough week but came out better for it. I veered him away from click behavior and hope to nip that in the bud immediately. We also experienced our first sleepover. My hub and I got to go out on a date and it was amazing. Eating out is something that we love to do. Real date. We went to Sampaio's, which is a Brazilian diner on Burnet Rd. I tried a wonderful Malbec (wine) which I had sworn I wouldn't like. I had one bad Malbec and it turned me off to all of them. Can't remember the name, sorry. We had mussels and fried brie. Creme Brulee for dessert with espresso. Yum. Life can be good . . .and rich . . .and I'm not talking about money. For the holiday, we are headed to the Pedernales for some R&R. These photos are from last year. It's very relaxing and we are on the hunt for fossils for Kinder Science Fair. I think we will have some success. It's fossil heaven.

No comments: