Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Parents Out There





If you read this blog and you comment, answer this question . . .Is parenting hard to you? Yes or No. If you say No, then I need to talk to you. Oh my, how parenting is hard. Is it really that bad to consider raising your child under the same context as you might raise, um, say, well, let's just say, a dog. I've actually tried it before. Using the sounds and finger movements that the Dog Whisperer uses on dogs, only on Jake. Making him sit before he can have a snack. Leashing him and walking him. Haha. Just kidding. It's just so much easier with dogs and they definitely don't talk back. Nonetheless, they also don't talk to you in your language, which can be hilarious. When Jake uses my phrases it cracks me up. It's hard though. I'm worn out by my own negativity. Constantly lecturing about how it has got to be. I've been reading this awesome book called The Blessing of a Skinned Knee. It's teaching me about the wisdom of the jewish religion and how you can intertwine it into your relationship with your child. Easier to read than it is to do, I definitely think that I'm on the right path, but every day is a new day. Another wonderful place to visit is a website called Early Parenting. Currently co-blogging authors, Carrie Contey and Bernadette Noll are hashing out parenting issues using Carrie's vast education and Bernadette's wonderful wisdom. I look forward to loads of learning. I'll take it any way I can get it. Meanwhile, instead of blogging, I should go play with that munchkin. Enjoy goofy pics of my easier, furry kids who are just happy with a treat and a quick run. Wait that works for Jake too. The two together are Izzy and Pico crashed after a day at the Pedernales, and the other guy is our new dog Clyde Blue. There is a whole post just about him coming. Love and Peace to all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, hell yes, parenting is hard. There's all the second guessing, the guilt and wondering if something you said may actually turn out a serial killer. We've got the hardest job on the planet, especially when you factor in being a wife. GIVE US A BREAK!!! But, would I change anything? Nope. My oldest daughter is 29 with a 2 year old that was just diagnosed as severely deaf. You want to talk about difficulty communicating? We just got his new hearing aids and he can hear us now!!! Just a matter of time before he starts to talk, I'm hoping. I also have a 17 year old daughter who starts her senior year at Austin High tomorrow. I am already mourning her leaving for college and it's not for another year! Oy.